View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajju View Post
I think pixie makes an important point. Maybe it's not sneaky because they never promised free internet for life but until I read this quote from them I did assume that. I am sure many others did. If they are going to start charging an undetermined amount for Internet access very soon then that makes the $400 price a little more difficult to swallow. I say this having already swallowed it though :P
Actually with just the stuff they've guaranteed for free, I found the price reasonable considering I'm paying a premium for the new display technology. I'm ok with the idea that full web browsing is "experimental" as they say. I'm glad that they're giving it a shot to see if it's supportable rather than playing it safe and assuming the worst case scenario. It actually treats us like we're rational adults engaged in this process rather than children who will pout if there are no more lollypops.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote