View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 06:21 AM   #52
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Now I suppose that's where sample e-books of just a few chapters come in to play. But still hard to relate to music as a song is a complete song (though part of an album), and can stand on it's own. Where as a chapter or two isn't worth anything on it's own, so they're not really giving away content with sample chapters.
I bought a book recently on the basis of reading a short story that was being given away on the basis of being a "web exclusive" featuring characters from the book. I liked that, so I bought the book. The "short story" turned out to be a chapter from the book with a few extra paragraphs at the beginning, and a paragraph relating to incidents that took place earlier in the book removed.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote