View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:15 PM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Itamote reported this little trick over here -- a way to edit RTF metadata without using Word (for those who don't have it) -- a bit cumbersome perhaps, but nice to know about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltamote
I was experimenting with RTF over the weekend, and getting proper titles and authors was one thing I managed to do. Here's how I did it:

1. Open the RTF file in Notepad (NOT Wordpad) so that you see all of the text.

2. Near the top of the file, there's should be a line starting with: {\*\generator. If not, look for the last line that starts with a curly bracket {.

3. Add a new line above that one and insert an RTF "info" group. The sample here is for Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde:

{\info{\title The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde}{\author Robert Louis Stevenson}}

Replace just the title and author info, leaving all the brackets and back slashes.

4. Save the file in Notepad. When you load it into Connect, it will show the correct information.

I've also been trying to get more whitespace on the left & right margins of my RTF files and add page headers, but - so far - no luck. They show correctly in Word, but not Wordpad or Connect.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote