View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
Diap - if you have the time and the inclination give it a shot. I thought they were astonishing, actually.
Have you come across the Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson, there's a similar dry wit about them both, but Parker is darker. S/he 'does' banal evil in a truly spine chilling manner.

So what d'you reckon, male or female. I'm backing female, but then I would claim her as one of ours!!
Oh I'll get around to all of Parker's work eventually. I'm just trying to stay in "savor" mode as opposed to "gobble."

I'm currently about a third of the way through The Fencer Trilogy. I'm probably overdue to start the second book. The Hammer has been my favorite book so far (a stand-alone).

I'm going with female, too (though neither would really surprise me).

Surprisingly enough, Stephenson's Baroque Cycle was some of my favorite reading. Check out Gregory Keyes' Age of Unreason series for some similar (albeit lighter) fun.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote