View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #273
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNT View Post
Before I try this method (data.tar.gz plus RUNME.sh), I am trying to understand how it works. I looked at "mntus.params" in data.tar.gz. For the K4 it lists the serial number first characters as "B00E", but mine starts with "B023". Will this work on mine?
The script may need updating to include B023... Thanks for bringing that up...

In mntus.params (inside data.tar.gz), change this:
Code:
"B00E"              ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=1423352 ;; # K4 (mini)
Code:
"B00E"|"B023"       ) MNTUS_PART_SIZE=1423352 ;; # K4 (mini)
to this:
You do not need to use that RUNME.sh script or data.tar.gz to use MfgTool and the custom uboots. Although MfgTool is still useful for debricking (or booting demo kindles to diags mode), a better way to jailbreak a working K4 may be to use NiLuJe's K4 jailbreak:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191158

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-25-2012 at 07:40 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote