View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #67
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Rouanet View Post
Hi rkomar,
You're really great ! Why don't you give ( sell ? exchange against a 903 ?...) your program for viewing image archives to Pocketbook. This is a MUST. All machines shoud include it !!
Best regards Jean xxx
Hi Jean,
I'm glad you like the program. I wouldn't sell it because the image display code was almost entirely written by someone else (Michail Polubisok) who released it as open source with a specific license (GPL) that requires all other programs based on his code to also release the source code. I also agree with the open source philosophy, that we should be able to improve the work of others and release that for others to improve, as well.

The PocketBook devices already have many open source programs on them (especially within the underlying operating system). They can already distribute the program with every device if they want to, as long as they abide by the GPL license and give out the source code to anyone who asks for it. They don't need any specific permissions from me.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote