View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #14
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
The Kindle's navigation is a bit painful, which is where the Nook's color display really comes in handy. My only complaint is that the Nook's battery seems to last for 2-3 days, whereas the Kindle and Kobo's battery lasts for a couple of weeks.
I must be weird because I don't find navigation on the Kindle painful. I was fine with navigating on the K1 and have found that navigation on the DXG to be even easier. The Nooks battery last a shorter period of time because of the LCD screen and I have read plenty of reports from folks that the Nooks navigation is not intuitive and a bit of a pain in the butt.

Really, you are going to be fine with any of the e-readers. They all serve the same purpose and what is being discussed are the bells and whistles. Make a list of the features that are most important to you and buy the ereader that has those features or the majority of those features.

Most importantly, take a look at the book stores and see which book store has the majority of books that you are interested in so that you know you will be able to read what you want.

I have a feeling that you will be fine with the Kindle, Nook, Sony, or Kobo. Personally, I think the Kindle and Nook ar emore likly to be around for a long time then the Sony or Kobo. Sony does not seem to be doing much to update their ereaders and the loading process is a pain and Borders is a late entrant in a crowded field from a company in serious trouble. I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote