View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Calling a device with 160,000 applications at launch "closed" is a bit of a stretch. Any OS limits what you can do, and of course an internet/media device is not made to do movie editing or to run your small business. It is not a matter of "Open" or "closed", it's a matter of how useful the device is for a particular person. If someone wants to write code, or do spreadsheets I would say the iPad is not for them. If they want to email/internet/music/movies/read/light gaming...etc, on a portable device, then perhaps it is.

The battery issue is an old horse, that just needs to be let go. I had a 20 gig ipod for 3 years. It finally gave out (after hours of daily use), and sure the battery was not as new, but still worked long enough to be useful. If you want a replaceable battery, then get something that has one. But the "non-user replaceable" (of course there is a way....) battery has proved itself a working model in the marketplace. My Sony PRS-300 also has a non-replaceable battery, and I'm not worried about it.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote