View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #69
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
As was also pointed out elsewhere, Stargate: SG-1 ran for 10 years, and had run its course. Stargate: Atlantis and Eureka have run for 5 seasons each, nothing to sneeze at. And they gave us Galactica. All have achieved the critical mass for DVD sales and syndication into the future, the real cash-cow for TV shows, so you can't really blame Siffy for their cancellations.
Oh, I can certainly blame SyFy. I never watched BSG, wasn't even slightly interested, so that's of no import to me at all.

While it's nice for DVD and syndication, that doesn't change the fact that each series, excepting possibly SG-1, was cancelled while the ratings were still very good, and Atlantis was cancelled even after making a considerable ratings gain from the season before. If our only measuring stick is hitting the 5-year mark then .... [insert smilie face throwing up his hands.]
carld is offline   Reply With Quote