View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 06:03 PM   #411
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
To me this appears to be evidence of the intentional deletion of books that are marked internally as having come from Amazon for which there is no associated record in the user's account.
When books were deleted from my Paperwhite a few weeks ago, everything was deleted except KU books. That included mostly books from Amazon which had no DRM on them, but also books from other publishers and also a few that I had made myself from Gutenberg or from fan fiction. I took it to be an assault on everything that had been side-loaded using Calibre. Not sure how many books were on there but guessing 500 or so.

The first time I lost books, it was from the Scribe, which had my total library on it: 2,000+ books, all side-loaded from Calibre.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote