View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #11
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i doubt apple will ever open up the filesystem to the public. i expect it to be available once the ipad is jailbroken, if you're willing to take that route. i muck around in my iphone's file system on a regular basis.

no. if you're a pc only household, then i'd skip mobile me. there isn't enough benefit for you. for mac users it gives you an online web site, custom domain, email box, photo gallery with very easy sharing, syncing of system configuration, mailboxes, 3rd party apps, a drop box style storage space, the ability to locate, message and lock down or erase/wipe your iphone and ipad remotely and a few other things. most of the features are available from other sources such as google, dropbox, sugar sync, yahoo, etc. except for the remote location, lock down and wipe ability, since those are specific to the apple hardware. service like this, i expect more to be in the $50/yr range. i wouldn't have a problem renewing it yearly then.

you can sync to some pc applications as well, like your address book to outlook, but the options are very limited.

you can buy increased storage, and family packs (5 names under 1 account) as well for extra money.

out of 5 stars i'd give it a 3.5 for mac users and a 1 for pc users.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote