View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #59
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbiss View Post
I don't think anyone meant to imply that you should put christian disclaimers (or any other) on your postings... it's certainly the downloader's responsibility to evaluate what they are getting before they click through. I appreciate all listings, even those that I don't have an interest in. I'm just too quick to click sometimes.
I've had a couple of comments on these from people that bought them at full price (in paper) - all were favorable. I haven't looked at them yet (I learned not to sample freebies, as they can disappear while you debate).

Quote:
Are the Don Brown books that bad? Haven't tried any of them yet.
I consider reading a bad book to be a terrible loss. Not only did I spend time with something unworthy, it took that time away from another book that I could have enjoyed. I so rarely "give up" on a book once I've got any time into it that I shoot myself in the foot by continuing through to the end, hoping it will get better.
I haven't read them, but have read several comments that the books were not that great (or even just awful). Some thought the christian elements were wedged into the story, rather than an integral part. And some were just mad that they didn't know it was a message/morality story from the beginning. I'm not sure, though, that I read any positive reviews of them (and several people gave up after a chapter or two of the first book). Then again, they had sales at $8 before they were free....

I also seldom quit on a book (but have had to do so a few times, as I just could not force myself to continue; more so with vanity press, but also a few that were mainstream publishers).

As to the recommendations from Amazon - I do so many searches and look at so many books for the blog, that they can be a bit hilarious. I used to try to fix my recommendations, but now I just ignore them completely.