Thread: Glo Lagging/odd behaviour
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I don't think 350 books is a lot either, the firmware should either allow whatever number can be stored by the file system, or the maximum number should be clearly stated! Part of the appeal of these devices is that you can have a virtual library at your fingertips. I believe they still have some bugs to track down, possibly this is an sqlite database related issue or some sort of memory leak or tasking related issue... who knows?

It may not even be a "Kobo problem" so much as a problem with a library or section of code they license. To be fair, anytime you work with outsider's code or modules, you may find circumstances where they fail under conditions the author never allowed for, but that you have imposed or may even require. Work-arounds can be difficult, especially if you don't possess the source code and have to submit examples back to them to get it fixed. By the way, this is all merely conjecture based on my own past experiences with outside libraries, multi-threading/multi-tasking and GUI interfaces, etc.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote