View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't mistake public domain with Creative Commons. Public Domain are works which no longer have a valid copyright. Creative Commons (as used by Cory Dcotorow) gives me the right to download, format shift, and distribute. But in no way am I allowed to make any money on the work. That would be a violation of the license and copyright. With a PD work, I can allowed to take the work and reformat it how I want and I can even go and sell it.
I am not confusing anything. I know the difference.

Regarding the CC license, if you distribute something that have a share alike license you have to distribute it with a share alike licence that is similar to the original license. The distribution you do here of Scroogled does not have this license. I think that should be fixed for all CC books that are distributed here.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote