View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
It's not just Americans with that reference, I'm English and that one meant nothing to me. Had to google it to find out about it.

The point of what I'm trying to do is not to create a book that everyone can read and immediately understand everything in it, but to create a copy as close to the original text as possible so as to preserve it for future generations to read.

Almost none of the books on this site were orginally written in contemporary languages of today, therefore to fully appreciate the original book, you need the original text.

As time goes on later revisions will come out with language more understandable to the prospective reader. This is also good as it allows you to grasp the content quicker.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the modernised versions of older books, but if you loose the original, you will never truly understand where it came from.

That's why I'm trying to produce books as close to source as possible. Others will produce versions more contemporary, and they're fine too. I personally have several copies of books which are based on the original versions and more modern ones that are easier to read.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote