View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
At the very least, I would expect there to be some path for feeding back errors to the author/publisher. I would expect my comments to be welcomed and hopefully acknowledged. Is this what other people here have experienced?
I provide that type of feedback in reviews, and, generally, it's been appreciated. I think one of the advantages of digital media is that it's relatively easy to fix and redistribute with very little (if any) cost. Of course, those who bought when it was riddled with errors may be stuck, unless it's a Smashwords purchase. I love that you can go back and download later versions if you already "own" the book- any other services do that?

I fully expect any published book to be well-edited, freebie or not. An error or two can be found in any professionally edited book, but pages of errors should not, even in peer-edited books.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote