View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
I am curious. Would the battery savings on a eink reader justify buying an eink reader ?

teotjunk
Not financially IMO. It is the convenience off not having to charge as often that is the advantage of eink devices.

I live in a household with a desktop, 3 laptops, 3 tablets, a large upright freezer and many, many other electronic devices turned on most of the day/night. My power bill is usually around $45 or$1.50 a day, so I doubt charging practically anything eink or LCD costs more than a few cents.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote