View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 AM   #9
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I wouldn't go too overboard sorting out collections on your K1 as it will be completely different on the K3.

I have been using Calibre quite extensively for the last 12 months with a K2 and K3 and even when I tried to transfer from the K2 to the K3 it was a drama.

It was far easier to start again.

One tip I would suggest though is to take your K1 and plug it into Calibre.

Then copy the books from your K1 onto a NEW calibre library. Call it backup or seomthing.

When the K3 arrives transfer every book in that 2nd library onto the K3. Then you can delete the 2nd library.

Calibre can handle multiple libraries and you can switch between them.

This worked for me as I had about 700 books on the K2 and about 10,000 in my library.

Brewjohno.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote