View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #832
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Just started listening to Skin Games, by some obscure author named Jim Butcher ;-). Kind of interesting, listening to and reading a book at the same time.

I don't know if the way I buy audiobooks is the norm or not. Basically, what I do is scan through the new releases every couple of weeks and put books I am interested in, in my wish list. If I'm interested in a series, I tend to put the whole series in the wish lists. Almost all of the audiobooks that I buy, are books that I've read either in dead tree form, or as an ebook.

Every so often, I buy a batch of audiobooks. The triggering event is either a new book come out that I really want to listen to now (such as Skin Games), or I'm running low on a particular style of book that I want to listen to, or Audible has a sale and several of the books in my wish list are on sale. Whatever the triggering event is, I typically will buy 5 or 6 at a time. Then I put them in my ebooks playlist, reshuffle the playlist to put them in the order I want and away I go for a month or two.

Last edited by pwalker8; 06-01-2014 at 10:27 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote