View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 07:32 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-tech View Post
is there a way to get the binaries? I would like to test linphone on my kindle touch..
Second person in two years to show any interest in this project.

With such overwhelming demand, it may be awhile before this add-in is packaged (like, never).

To get the binaries (I don't have them myself, pitched due to LOI and LODS) you can follow the first post links;
or
Check the current release of Buildroot (.org) - I think it will build LinPhone for you now.

Edit:
Yes, LinPhone is now included in Buildroot:
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manua...l#package-list

If the KT libraries are too old to support LinPhone -
Then check out the generalized process of running more than one version of the standard system libraries **concurrently** on a Kindle (or any ELF system) shown in my "ARMhf on Kindle" thread.

Ah, Buildroot will build the required PatchElf for your host build machine also:
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manua...t-package-list

(The Buildroot developers added that ability to support these after-market builds for Kindles, at my request - I convinced them it was a good thing to have for embedded system builders in general, they did the work.)

- - - -

I think that the ability to run modern system libraries concurrently with the aged Amazon libraries on the Kindles was close to VoIP on Kindles in winning the award for lack of community interest.

And no, it wasn't one of my *thought projects* - the thread includes working examples (nano, luajit) to show that the newer libraries are being loaded and used.

Last edited by knc1; 06-22-2015 at 07:49 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote