View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
That's the 1.9.12's date - is that your "factory reset" firmware? Did you updated from that to the recent version?
That's true.

Quote:
It seems the new firmware version (which omits the dictionaries) does not get the new dictionaries automatically but creates them from the dictionaries already installed on the device. (Or get it from the recovery partition for some reason?)
At one point I removed all dictionaries from the reader via "Manage Dictionaries", and re-added them, so all my dictionaries are "brand new", encrypted.
I removed and added again only some of them. That's why I have now a mixture of old and new dictionaries.

Quote:
Not closely related, I have tried to add my eng->hun dictionary to the device as an addition not a replacement, but did not succeeded. Adding a new line to the Dictionary table in the kobo.sqlite database resulted showing up the eng-hun dictionary in the "manage Dictionaries" but not as an actual choice at the dictionary selection for a word to translate/define :-(.
Some time ago I tried whether the desktop application accepts a further dictionary by adding a new folder. As was to expect, it did not. I wonder how the application knows which dictionaries to use. I was unable to identify a related entry in the registry. By the way, the application does not use the J-J dictionary. I even installed the desktop application from the Japanese site, but it is exactly the same.

Maybe also unrelated. When I went from 2.1.1 to 2.1.4 the J-J dictionary was definitly there. When I pointed at a Japanese word the Japanese dictionary entry popped up, but it did not appear as a choice at the dictionary selection for a word to define. As far as I remember, I modified the relevant information in the database, but the situation did not change. Only after checking it at the "manage dictionaries" screen and several synchronizations, was the J-J given as a choice.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote