View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
This ebook is licensed for your enjoyment only. This ebook may not be resold or given away. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each person you share it with. If you are reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then you should return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the author's work.
Doctrine of first sale, b*tches.

I guarantee you, if I found that in a book I bought, whether printed or electronic, I would never, ever buy or read another book from that author.

Authors' and publishers' attitudes matter to me, and influence my market choices. I've been boycotting Palladium for 20 years because of two things: their official statement of religious intolerance that they used to have in their RPG manuals, and their insistence that they own the copyright on anything -- including such things as magazine reviews -- which so much as mentions one of their products. I'm sure I've missed some good things, but the sea is full of fish and the market is full of competing products. An author who tells me that I and I alone can read a book I bought from them (what's next, I'm only allowed to read it once?) is welcome to all the readers they can get, but I won't be one of them. Ever.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote