View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Yeah, that's it. Alan isn't in them at all, just did a little intro in the beginning. For the Poirot one he talked about how Christie got really irritated with Poirot in the end (apparantly his mannerisms drove her crazy?)
yes, i think that's true. in a few poirot novels there is a character named ariadne oliver ; she is a detective writer who created a finnish, vegetarian detective with many quirks. she spends quite a lot of time complaining about how sick of him she is and wondering what on earth possessed her to write such a character. i believe she is agatha's little inside joke allowing her to say how she feels herself about poirot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I love Poirot both book and TV-wise, David Suchet is so wonderfully, deliciosly obnoxious and selfcentered in a nice way on the TV-series.

And likewise the book character.
suchet is absolutely brilliant as poirot, for me he's the definitive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
My favourite Agatha Christie is the one who wrote all those cool
murder mysteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I take it 'Passenger to Frankfurt' won't be in the poll?

(On account of it being one of the worst books ever written.)
i read it but only once. enough said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
I love all the Miss Marple ones, but my favorite is Sleeping Murder.
sleeping murder is definitely very good.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote