View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #36
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
All I'm saying is that calling the developers stupid for a possible side-effect of a change that they reasonably don't expect anyone to make manually is not fair. Even if there was a "change timezone setting" menu item and it caused problems with the sync then that would be a bug but even then I personally wouldn't call the developers stupid.
I didn't call the developers stupid.

Basically what I said was that if they didn't use a locale independent format for sending dates back to their servers, on an international device, then yes, they would then be stupid.

As it is, it looks like this setting in the .conf file is changed by Kobo's user interface, when you select a language. So the device and sync process should be able to deal with the locale changing.

I will grant that the device may have a problem with locales that are not automatically set by the user interface, so I wouldn't have a problem if en_AU or en_NZ or en_GB didn't work in all particulars. Except that if you are going to have locales at all, then at least make sure the major ones work.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote