View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #254
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Certainly you can buy iPODs that have disk drives in them for less money than SSD devices, the price isn't totally Apple's fault. You are comparing apples and oranges or in this case Apples and Muvo's. Big and bulky is cheap, small and sleek is more expensive, who would have thought.

Dale
True. I just don't give a crap about small and sleek. And the Touch is pretty bulky, so I'd rather it just have been a hard drive based player and knocked the cost down some.

But I probably wouldn't buy one anyway as I'm just one of those anti-apple people. Sick of the hype, and just don't find their products worth the money compared to comparable products from other companies that sometimes offer more features (i.e. the Vision M had better sound quality, a better screen than the Video iPod at the time which was also an HDD player, and FM tuner built in--and cost roughly half as much).

I don't begrudge people who buy their products. But I doubt I ever will as I don't care to pay more for sleek devices that often do less than the competition. Though I'll readily admit that with the iTouch and iPhone they have a nice device that currently has no rival that does better.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 03-09-2009 at 05:23 PM.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote