View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
I have several, I suppose. I started with the MobiPocket app on a Handspring Visor (still own) PDA (remember those?), and when I got my first smart phone I put the app on it and continued to read. My current smart phone is proudly sporting the MobiPocket app. So that brings us to two.

Then I wanted a dedicated reader so I picked up a Literati for $15 on eBay, which is what led me to finding this forum. The Literati has poor battery life, and Kobo - which uses the same software - was running a sale, so I bought a Kobo no-frills WiFi version and sold the Literati at cost back to someone on eBay. The Kobo is everything I've ever wanted, and more, with its eInk and battery life and ability to integrate with Calibre. So, we are up to three.

Then, in a separate part of my life, I happened to find myself owning an iPhone 3 that I stuck a Kindle app on. I think it is time to sell that fourth eReader as it works, but has been eclipsed by ...

My birthday present this year of a Samsung Galaxy Player from my brother (for video chatting) which is rocking the Kindle and Aldiko apps, making it eReader #5. Yikes!

My two favorites are my Nokia E72 smart phone (because it is always with me and I am often surprised with un-anticipated reading opportunities) and the Kobo.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote