View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

I switched to Fora dictionary and that works offline. For some reason ColorDict is not working on my device for any reader app including Coolreader. So it must not be a Moon+ Reader issue.

But good gosh, who designed that horrible menu system within Moon+?!? It is easier to launch the Space Shuttle than find menu items. Android and its apps remind me a lot of the old WM (Windows Mobile). Like a lot of people I outgrew PalmOS and relunctantly switched to WM, but the WM menu system (read UI) was horrible. I really think Android is even more convoluted and non-intuitive. Keep in mind that I worked for various software companies for a quarter of a century and making products that were easily navigable was a huge priority with them. I know it takes a lot more than good programmers to create a good UI, they need to use a top notch UI design team made up of folks from various professions other than just programming. And what ever happened to KISS--Keep It Simple Stupid? I realize many Android geeks love this kind of system, but the average Android user is going to be totally lost in the UI maze.