View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #22
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Why not $1.50?
This.

When I see something at $price-ending-in-9, it doesn't make me think it's cheaper. It makes me think the seller believes I'm stupid. "But it's $19.99, that's nothing like $20!" It makes me think the seller is a weasel. Now, if you're Wal-Mart, I expect you to be a weasel. But who wants prospective customers to put them in the same category as Wal-Mart? When someone prices something at their real price, not something a penny cheaper, I get feelings of honesty and straightforwardness. All in all, were I the one setting the prices, that's what I would hope my customers would feel about me. Besides, weasels look so silly when they run, like the back half is trying to pass the front half; just one more reason not to be one!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote