View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
lala512
lala512 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Regarding PRS-600 and SD directories

Hello there, I am a potential buyer of the Sony-Reader PRS600 and would like to clarify something. I went today in a shop that sells the Reader and in their demo unit i placed in my SD card that has a lot of folder and subfolders (some with usefull and some with useless files). After a lot of time of loading the seller told me that the loading will last until the device reads ALL the files and that this happens because the Reader doesnt "read" directories but just the files. This means that if someone has a big collection of books its not possible to allocate and organize the books in files and folders which therefore means it will take ages to find a file which we dont know the name of the file and we just no the theme etc. And i was wondering if that could be solved through the "collections" utility the reader has. Is that possible if yes how i can do it and will my files need to be moved on the reader internal memory or could maybe categorized in "collections" and when i click on a file in a collections will that be automatically link to the sd file straight forward.

Thanks in advance!
lala512 is offline   Reply With Quote