View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #57
cpegg
Enthusiast
cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cpegg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O (first edition), Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Didn't know its storage capacity or filetype support. That convinced me that, even if it *did* have the features I consider bare-minimum for purchasing a new ereader, I didn't want to buy one from them; obviously, I wouldn't have access to any support for it.
When I was in B&N looking at the Nook Simple Touch, I had a few questions (storage capacity, type of DRM, etc.)

The guy doing Nook sales told me that the NST had no on-board storage and that all books would reside "in your cloud." (At this point he sketched an expansive rounded cloud shape in the air with his hands.) I already knew this wasn't true, but I asked him what happened in areas with no wi-fi access. How could one read books? He frowned slightly but then shrugged, as if my question wasn't all that important.

The next question was about B&N's DRM. He claimed that he'd never heard of DRM. After my explanation he said, "So it's to keep people from printing them out?"

I excused myself and escaped, and went off to browse the pbooks for a while. On my way out I saw that he'd found several new victims and was making the cloud gesture again.

He was still employed there, doing the same thing, more than six months later.
cpegg is offline   Reply With Quote