View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by buriedreader View Post
Do any of the other ereaders support the Calibre content server? Do they let you work with Calibre other than dragging and dropping via iTunes?

I like Goodreader, but I dont think it works with Calibre AND it cant handle epubs. Is there a good ereader that handles epubs and pdfs? (and is not iBooks)

BR
Megareader and Shubook both do this. Both are paid apps at $1.99. There is a free version of shubook but it wont access Calibre. Both also allow you to add your own sources. At this stage, Shubook is the closest to Stanza in terms of functionality.

In fact, after typing this, I did a bit more downloading from Calibre and I find that it manages the library in much the same way as Stanza, and it also has the alphabet access down the side, like stanza, as well as, when you sort by author, instead of having one long list, it groups all books by the same author together on an author page. I have not yet looked at the editing of author/title as we could do with stanza, but it was not a huge issue for me. Formatting is something I have not yet looked into but will upload a file which gets distributed regularly by other members to check how formatting is managed.

[edit] I ran the formatted file and Shubook handles standard format pretty well, but NOT span with class.. Editing of title and author gets a big tick. Also, you can choose to accept the publisher's category/label, or you can make/add your own from the same page as the edit author/title.

The dictionary works.
You can add your own fonts for use by the program.
You have access to the book summary via Table of Contents page (i)
You can email a book or export it to the itunes folder.
You can choose to open a book in another application if you wish

Last edited by kyteflyer; 09-21-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect info
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote