View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #19
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
There are a lot of great WW II books out there, just not a lot of great WW II books available in ebooks format. I'm slowly starting to work through the ones that I've found in ebook format. Army at Dawn is very interesting and a different perspective for someone who is a Patton fan. I just read several Pacific War books (Hammel's Guadalcanal books, which are ok, Lackie and Sledge's books which are excellent).

I tend to prefer the "General's" books, i.e. the books that discuss battles, tactics and strategy, rather than the solder's in the trench books. There are not very many good ones available in ebooks that I have found. I would love to get Liddel-Hart's The Second World War in ebook. I've got it in paper and it's very good. Part of the problem is that the Army at Dawn series is really the first major set of WW II battle books in a long time, thus many of the older classics are not available in digital format.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote