View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #14
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by readingaloud View Post
I format my public domain books in InDesign, and output them as PDFs. I don't know how one produces PRCs (or whether it's even possible on a Mac), but from what I've seen there's relatively little control over the design of the page. I know that PRCs can reflow with different text sizes, but that's a feature I'm willing to do without if it means that I can't make the text look good at any size.

Here's the first chapter of Arnold Bennett's "The Grand Babylon Hotel" as an example. It might not be to all tastes, but I don't see what it would hurt if I posted books in this format, which presumably all iLiad owners can read, and some will prefer.
The text is painfully small on my pda. So text reflow may be a feature you can do without but I can't.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote