Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #149
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
This is a real mystery, I tried again with several books, one with the chapter beginning in a new page, one with continuous chapters and one converted directly from pdf in which the chapter begins in the same line off the last line from the previous chapter, all off them worked perfectly.

When I was looking for instruction to learn how to make each chapter to begin in a new page I read some instruction about CSS so I copied the parameters shown in the instructions and again converted the books to epub, which I later send to the device as kepubs.

I still not know why I had problems before but I can only assume that it had to do with the parameters I used to convert the books, and with the new parameters the problem was fixed.

I had never before changed the CSS except to put these two lines
Quote:
body { widows: 0; orphans: 0; }
p { widows: 0; orphans: 0; }
I read in the forum that allow more lines per page

So now what I have in the CSS is this, maybe it will be helpful to someone.

Quote:
body { margin: 0; }
p {margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt; padding: 0pt; text-indent: 5pt; text-align: justify;}
h1 { text-align: center; }
h2 {text-align: center; font-weight: 600; font-size: x-large; padding-bottom: 20pt; page-break-before: always;}
h3 { text-align: center; padding-bottom: 20pt; font-weight: 600; font-size: xx-large }
h4 { text-align: center; }
h5 { text-align: center; }
h6 { text-align: center; }
Thank’s tshering, jgoguen and Terisa de morgan.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote