Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #142
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I’m having several problems with the kepubs generated by the KoboExtended plugin:
- the glo doesn’t remember the last page read and opens the book at the beginning off the chapter.
- bookmarks: when I leave the book and open it again the bookmarks wouldn’t appear in the proper page.
- annotations: the bookmark would appear but not the annotations that I had made before.
I think you can improve this situation by modifying the epub in a way that there is one (x)html file for each chapter in order to prevent fragment identifiers in the toc.ncx (cf. this post). The modification has do be done before kobofying the epub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
- the glo doesn’t remember the last page read and opens the book at the beginning off the chapter.
If this problem still exists after you modified the book, it may be connected with very long paragraphs or very huge font size (cf. this post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
There is a JavaScript file included in kepubs supplied by Kobo that I cannot distribute because the file is copyrighted and is not redistributable. This JavaScript file contains, among other things, functions to calculate the proper place to load the book from bookmarks and when you leave and return, and the proper place to put annotations.
Are you sure that this js is used by the Kobo? I always thought it is for other reading devices that use the Kobo reading application. Is this the same kobo.js that is also distributed in each preview kepub?

Last edited by tshering; 03-10-2013 at 02:17 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote