View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Now that I can upload my own content, I am looking for software for the Mac to convert files to ereader format. Does anyone know of a free solution, or do I need to buy the $30 eReader software?

Thanks, Michael
What kind of source files do you want to convert? I don't know of any solutions for converting other ebook formats directly to eReader. You would need to get the content into PML format first.

The Dropbook utility can take PML files and create eReader documents. It's freeware, and available for the Mac.

There is also a Java app called Makebook, which is no longer developed or supported.

You can find Dropbook and Makebook here.

Instructions for using them are here.

And the Palm Markup Language is documented here.

There are various macro files available for Microsoft Word and Open Office Writer that generate PML formatted texts you can feed to Dropbook. I haven't used them, and can't comment on how well they work. If you use either Word or OO Writer on the Mac, I'll try to dig up links for you.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 08-04-2008 at 03:43 PM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote