View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #211
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora_G View Post
can an ipad run calibre by itself? Or does it need to be paired with a computer? Can I run two different versions of calibre, one on computer and one on the ipad? I want to make it so that the ipad has the getbook features and I can still switch my books from one device to another sing calibre. Is that possible?
No, Calibre cannot run on an iPad. Calibre only runs on Windows, Mac OSX or Linux based systems.

An iPad can interface to a Calibre library on on one of these OS for the purpose of loading books from the Calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote