View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Not on any router I've used. What you are doing is telling the DHCP server in the router to give a chosen IP address to a particular MAC address.

What I do is to connect the device/computer and let it get an IP address. Then I logon to the router and look at the DHCP leases. The list usually has the IP address, MAC address and the time remaining for the lease. I find the entry one for the device I am interested in and copy the IP and MAC addresses. Then I enter these in the reservation settings of the router. From then on, when the device requests a IP address, it gets the same one.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote