View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 06:40 PM   #1
Kademo15
Kademo15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Need help fixing my grandfathers kobo

Hello to all,
So i got my grandfathers kobo Clara HD in a constand loading state it shows 2 arrows in a cercle and 3 dots that flash on after the other every minute or so it tries to boot (it flashes white 2 times) but fails. I can turn it off, hold the button for 2 min straight but nothing. I figured the os would be bricked so i took the sd card out when windows asked me to format i said no. Then i grabbed a firmware update installed that still nothing (i have to mention that when unzipping the firmware update 7zip threw 1 error). I asked here and got myself the image. When i tried to format the drive with sd card formatter it would show the drive the right way it showed this instead (\\?\Volume{d136a68-361d-11ee-b0a7-4c034f054cae}) and formatting it failed. I tried diskpart wizard partition manager and it finished the clean but one second later the drive was in 3 partitions again, it always somehow repaired itself. So i then took the image and used the tool https://www.vconsole.com/download to write the image to the disk (in this program it did show up right). It finished writing the image to the disk, I unplugged and still the same issue. I dont know what to try anymore.
Can you guys help me ?
Thx and with best regards Kademo
Kademo15 is offline   Reply With Quote