View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #146
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I understand that a small company cannot survive without it's main supplier even if they win eventually. This equates to bullying IMO.

I do not think that a vender can legally share actual credit card information unless the credit card holder agrees, but I may be wrong on this.
Yes, it's bullying, and no, it's not legal to share information like that; not as far as I know. I wonder how BREIN and CB are thinking to get away with it. Maybe they hope that they can at least get *some* information, from vendors who primarily live on Dutch (e)books, before this contract is shot down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
In my condo building a neighbour accidentally caused pretty severe water damage to several units below her with no insurance Looking at a hazmat bill for about $60K and one person is talking about suing to get the actual walls replaced). No way she can even fight the $60K.
Wow. That'll basically bankrupt you.

I'm glad that in the Netherlands, it's obligatory to have an assurance against situations like this. It's called "Persoonlijke Aansprakelijkheidsverzekering"; a liberal translation would be "Insurance against being personally accountable". It protects you against having to pay for heavy damage you may cause accidentally. (As long as you don't do it every week.)

However, if the insurance needs to cover you, then your monthly fee will go up for several years. Therefore, if the damage is not too big (smaller than the total of the extra fee over these several years), people may opt to just leave the insurance out of it and just pay straight away if they have the money.

Quote:
I guess we will wait and see what develops, but I personally vote on a good dismantling of Brein.
There are more people who want to see them dead and gone. As Doctorow said, they have a history of employing questionable practices.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-13-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote