View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Overall, this is an improvement. Page turning is much faster all around. An extra font size has been added to epub handling under the Adobe reader. Other issues have not been addressed. The reflow for PDF is still cutting out words that appear at the end of the page; the larger the font, the more words are cut. I checked the same PDF under the other PDF reader and the reflow works fine, so it's not the pdfs. Epubs are not centered in landscape with the buttons on the bottom; they are centered when the buttons are on top. This is no longer just an aesthetic issue now that the larger font size has been added; the text now disappears over the right side of the screen. The issue from the last firmware which caused two pocketbooks to show up on ADE has been fixed. In dictionary look up you still cannot scroll up from the top margin and come in at the bottom. This combined with the slower running of the dictionary under ADE makes dictionary look up more tedious. It is still quite functional. I will be keeping this firmware because of the general speed up and the larger font sizes in EPUB. Before it is commercially released, the reflow issue with PDF and the decentering of EPUB text in portrait mode should be resolved. The other issues could be resolved further down the road.
These two issues really impact the readability of the readily available DRMed ADEPT encrypted books. I don't mind reading in landscape mode for PDF; its still quite legible. But for others this could be a hassle.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote