View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I am using Google Chrome. I just went through the settings, and the only filter set is for "Malware Protection", which gives me a big red "are you sure?" warning before letting me enter websites in its "potentially dangerous" list.

I have never noticed any ads on mobileread, but I have only been here since November. Anyway, ads do not bother me, but it does bother me when somebody plagiarizes my work taking all the credit (my only compensation here) for themselves.
OK - I see what has happened to the site ...

Prior to the recent upgrade ...

View the site without logging in, just as if you where not a member;

See the top box that claims how you could view the site without ads by becoming a member and logging in?
Notice the advertisements scatter through the posts of a thread?

Now login ...
And all of that is now gone, just like that message box said it would be.

Only before the site upgrade, that was not working for Firefox/Linux/32bit.
Which is why I had to use AdBlock+ on the site.

I suppose that GM never visits this site without logging in, perhaps his browser does an auto-login for him.

@GM : Log out, then surf site - then you can see the site support ads.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote