View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@geekmaster: I agree that not mentioning or giving credits to the original sources is a bad habit. It seems to be particularly prevalent in Russia - I have seen many of my hacks repackaged and for download, without mention of the original sources, and sometimes even with the README altered or removed.

However, the link at the bottom is nothing that I would trust. I have checked a few of my own sites, and the results are total bullshit. It claims that I'm making money with Adsense, even though that's definitely not true.

Here's another one to try: http://mysitecost.ru/ucla.edu
So UCLA is making over $1,000 in ad revenue per day? Don't think so.
As said, it's some weird BS.
How much money he makes is not the issue. The issue is that he is TRYING to make money by putting my information on a page that contains revenue-generating ads, without giving me any credit for my hard work.

Other than huge expenses from my recent tragedy, money is not a problem for me at this time. However, I like getting credit for my work in the form of compliments (my only compensation for all the hard work and effort that I have given freely to the benefit of many). I have personal sensitivities from my childhood that I was never able to overcome despite large amounts of time with religious, professional, and personal counselling services over the years. Those sensitivities FORCE me to defend myself and post some highlights of my life to justify myself (the details of which others around here seem to find beyond belief, but true just the same). I find the snide and snarky remarks aimed at me (perhaps in jealousy) to be very hard to withstand, even in the best of times. I think I will follow the advice given in PMs from those I trust, which is to go away for a couple of months until I can deal with this without getting so upset by unpleasant remarks from others. This place has been a pleasant creative diversion from my tragedy, but I will have to find another outlet for my creative forces for awhile. If I still find kindles to be interesting for me after that break, I will be back.

Sigh...

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-16-2012 at 10:27 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote