View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The way I understand it, from someone at our county library a few years ago, a library can basically subscribe to OD and get ebooks, eAudioBooks, or both for their patrons. Whatever they pick, they have access to a certain number of copies at a time of OD's full offering in that category. She said they couldn't select individual titles that it was just whatever OD included in their library.

As I said that was a few years ago and it was a fairly new program at the library so it may have changed.
If that's how it originally worked, then it has changed. Overdrive has eBooks in whatever formats and the libraries that do subscribe can buy them in whatever formats they want and that are available. Audiobook formats are WMV and MP3. eBook formats are PDF, Mobipocket, and ePub. Not all support Mobipocket and ePub. ePub is just starting to be supported. I have requested eBooks and some have been purchased and some not. Most that I've requested have been purchased.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote