View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Maybe Liberty Media needed cash to buy the Braves another washed-up relief pitcher.

But seriously, the B&N college bookstores have a very sweet niche. Not only do they provide those exorbitantly priced textbooks, but they're also making a killing on college sports-team apparel. Not to mention the dorm room staples, from lamps to trash cans. Talk about your captive audience!

If B&N can manage the transition to digital textbooks, they will have a bottomless gold mine. This must be what has Microsoft interested.
Don't forget some of the other things like graduation attire. Small, I know, but when you graduate you have to get it from the college bookstore. I had to do it when I graduated undergrad and I recently drove an hour to Detroit to get a cheap polyester cap, gown, and "hood" for $89.06 for my graduate degree graduation from the college bookstore. I seriously wasn't happy about that but it's the rule. I wonder how much B&N makes from that (especially considering that some universities have fall and spring graduation ceremonies).
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote