View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
The light looks a bit too bright in the pics; it's adjustable so maybe they cranked it up for the photo session. They'd better because the text looks significantly lighter/grayer than the Kindle Touch next to it.
My thoughts exactly, I think the promo images on B&N are a bit over the top with the light effect. On the video on Engadget it looks more subdued, especially when they crank it down. It looks very nice, I need to check it out, I'm very keen to use this for bed reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Also, I'm not sure but the STR has a white on gray night mode, right?
If so, that might help...
No, there is only 1 reading mode, there is no "night" mode - at least on the STR, maybe they changed it on this Glowlight model, but I doubt it.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote