View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #28
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatzeMatz View Post
Does anybody know at which stage it stops working?
What does the screen flashing (and restopping at Kindle image) mean?
Since all you did was changing some locale-related files, the system must be choking on one of these.

I don't know for sure, but I assume that it is *before* the framework starts to work (i.e. before java even starts). Thus, the locale-de_DE.jar would not matter in your case at all, because it wouldn't even be considered.

This is all speculation, but it *may* be blanket choking on the locale definitions. I saw it acting awkward when /usr/share/locale/de did not contain all the files contained in /usr/share/locale/en.

Therefore, if you have any chance of mofiying the internal filesystem, I'd suggest to either "cp -r /usr/share/locale/en /usr/share/locale/de", or to reset the /var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs locale value to "en_US".

The only problem is how to do this with the limited access that you currently have. Honestly, I don't know
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote