View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #9
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I read Lord of the Flies in 7th grade, I think. But now I can't remember if it was a school assignment. I think so. I remember that I didn't "enjoy" it, but I did find it interesting.

Well, I almost compared the main character of Scottish play to Anakin, but I thought the prince of Denmark losing it after his father's death wasn't that far off. Probably Macbeth is a better choice, though.

But I liked Shakespeare pretty well, even as a kid. Possibly the assigned book I liked least was Kurt Vonnegut's Player Piano. That beat Moby Dick and even Death of a Salesman. I thought it had lots of interesting ideas, but it was just too down-beat for me. I wrote a paper contrasting it with Harlan Ellison's "Repent, Harlequin, said the Tick-Tock Man." I got an A. It helped that my English teacher at the time was well aware of who Harlan Ellison was.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote