Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #219
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The chapter graph works for epubs converted to kepubs. From looking at the database on the device, when you first open a kepub, it counts and stores the words in each chapter. The graphs and other calculations are based on that. I usually read epubs, but have tried a couple of purchased kepubs to see this. I like it and wish that they did the same thing for epubs.
Nice. If the graph works, can I assume that Time to Read will also work? I assume that kepub basically is epub plus some extra metadata, and that Calibre can handle that conversion?

The font options and the bigger screen makes the Aura a desirable reader to me. Sometimes, the font options of the Kindle irk me. With some books, I set size 3, with others it's 4, but sometimes there should have been a size 3.5... And I'd wish to fatten Palatino, for example. The Kindle can't do these things.

I really didn't like the Glo's almost azure blue front light, but I like the warm yellowish one of the Aura. I actually like it more than the Kindle's colder white. I just hope the service and firmware issues are a bit exaggerated, should I decide to get this reader after it becomes available.

I'll probably have to get it from Germany again....

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote