View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #39
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioslaith View Post
Totally agree. My Mum has NO idea about firmware, updates or anything similar.
I suggest that's the norm for the majority of Kobo owners. The internet, and specifically forums, tend to exacerbate something that psychologists call “group polarization.”. When people discuss something they have in common, their beliefs tend to coalesce. Unfortunately, the end result is a viewpoint that is more extreme than the norm.

I get a lot of good info from this forum, but it's often over the top. You'd think that the masses were in the streets shaking their fists over the mishandling of a firmware release. In reality, it goes completely unnoticed by most owners.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote